Thursday 24 October 2013

Extraction Day

15th October 2013 was extraction day.

The dental nurse picked me up from reception to take me through and I said 'noooooo im not ready' my dentist was really excited that ive decided to go ahead with the braces.  I told her id been obsessing over the whole thing all weekend and she said ive just got to think about the end result and how happy I will be.

I agreed, we put on my MC Hammer glasses and back we went.... I actually felt the pierce of the needle when the numbing stuff went in and I think this was the worst of it.... you can ask for some numbimg gel before yhe injections if you dont think youll like the pain.  

As we waited for the numb to set in my dentist showed me before and after pics of one of her patients who had finished treatment that day... then they started the reclining of the chair... no turning back!

The whole thing took about 20 mins because my bottom tooth didnt want to leave, no pain though.

I cant tell you what I looked like after... my mouth was stuffed with cotton to stop the bleeding and help clots form in the extraction areas.  I walked home with a droopy numb mouth!  I bet my other half was pleased that there was a bit of peace and quiet for a few hours! ;) Bless him though, he'd been to the shop and bought me yoghurts. :)  Not sure if I appreciated him singing 'Holey Moley' - all in jest though. 

Chilled out on the sofa bed for the rest if the day. 

Heres some pics the day after.  

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it.
    Basics – Ceramic Braces Vs Invisalign

    ReplyDelete